Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 4 Think Out Loud RE: Leadership Project


I've given a lot of consideration to the presentation that I'd like to give and at which conference. As I'm in the unique situation of working for a company-owned school, there are special parameters, which will mold my decision. Firstly, I must give the actual presentation to a board of directors, who will decide whether or not it is worthy of our company name and then and only then am I free to pursue submission. I recalled an email that came across my desk last trimester. Our Near East Asia Schools (NESA) representative was keen to inform us that the
NESA Spring Educator's Conference would run with a technology theme. I contacted the Spring Educator's Conference liaison and was informed that they are still taking submissions and now I've contacted our district rep and am awaiting reply.
Now I'm weighing the following: Do I want this presentation to be an informative
what I did in my AR, as the instructions seem to indicate? Can I use the AR as a lead-in only and then inform my attendees that we will learn to use the ELMO digital camera to create time-lapse and stop-motion photography together. I envision a room full of computers with ELMO's attached to make this possible. My slide show could contain small movies that were made by the kids themselves coupled with a smattering of images and my explanations of how we shared those films with each other and parents. I could see ending the "collaborative presentation" to a hail of applause and an open Voicethread that teachers who wished to share their projects and ideas could join.

Image credits:

Without You by Earl Wilkerson available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlwilkersonphotography/5191484350/in/photostream/

The artist used photoshop and the images below to create "Without You"

- Boat: www.sxc.hu/photo/1289604
- Sky: www.sxc.hu/photo/1176857
- Sky: www.sxc.hu/photo/1206713
- Sky: www.sxc.hu/photo/1317346
- Beach & Ocean: www.sxc.hu/photo/1317691
- Seagull: www.sxc.hu/photo/1178345


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment