Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 2 Free Post - Changing Perspective






Once again, I find myself in yet another situation where lemons are given and aide delivered! Yes!
Here is the story.
For nearly two weeks, I've been trying to download a book for our class. As the time drew nearer for our required reading, I began to get agitated by the fact that hours of online screenshare time with technical support yielded the exact same result that I was having; (i.e. no book.) However, I've discovered something wonderful as a result. While I was hunting for the physical book on Amazon, I happened to see the miniscule print, which read
Kindle for iPhone. Clicking it, the light bulb finally illuminated a letter from our professor sent earlier in the week. His letter had said "Kindle" and I thought I don't have a Kindle and so I remained in my measured world assuming the worst, that the problem could only be solved if support came through.
Thankfully when one clicks
Kindle for iPhone the Kindle app also loads to their Macbook. So now I'm the proud owner of a wonderful book that reminds me not to have such a limited view and also the Kindle app, which I can download books directly to from Amazon. Did I mention that the app is free?

1 comment:

  1. How Fantastic! I guess I need to explain that Kindle books are readable on macs, pc, anything with a browser... :-)

    ReplyDelete