Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 1 Wimba Session Archive


Dr. Bustillos sounds so clear and great on all of his intro vids, but I had some difficulty hearing him in the archive. Ha! As I kept listening, Cheryl McGovern jumped in and said she too was having problems hearing him. I could empathize when she said she was feeling old. I was feeling OLD too!

The course-at-a-glance explanation was very helpful. As was explained while we were building our schoology coursework in LMO, it is important to have an understanding of how grading will be handled. I believe that Dr. Bustillos has explained every aspect of this course very well, in his preview videos as well as in this first Wimba meeting, where he went over it all point-by-point. The information was a bit redundant but it was clear the professor wanted us to have a very good understanding of what was coming.


The preview of the AR status report is what I was most looking forward to hearing. I've already received some critique from Roxanne. I'm ready to attack the website again. Still, there were navigation issues when I returned to the Wimba site after having to stop it early. That, coupled with the sound quality, interfered with my ability to wrap my head around all the information conveyed.

Questions:
I think I'm still unclear on the Lit Review references and the "extra" references page. I believe that Roxane told me that I just needed to cut-and-paste the references from my "month 10" submission. Are we supposed to have the original page of 20 or more references on our AR site and then another page of just the references used for our LitReview? Or will that second page be part of the Lit Review itself?
Is there to a be a page break between the references and the end of review for the web-ready version? Also are we to put an extra return between each paragraph as well as each subsection? It seems the checklist says just the latter, but I think I heard the former.
One other thing that I would like to know is about navigating in the Wimba Archives. There are "time markers" on the right column view of Wimba. I see that if I click on one of those I'm taken to the area where I left off; however, the "buffering" takes nearly 20 minutes. I had previously thought this might only be true when I was overseas. I have a super fast connection here in the states and it is still happening. Is there a way to download the session to one's computer for quicker navigation? I'd love to know the secret.


To be quite honest, I'm a bit concerned about the leadership project. I'm sure this will dissipate as I begin to formulate a plan, which at present, I have not. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the tweaks I need to make to my AR site.
This too shall pass.

Sources:
Creative Commons image by Daehyun Park

1 comment:

  1. There are two Lit Review pages. Lit Review Resources has the twenty (or more) resources that you began the process investigating. This page lists resources that you might not have used in your final Lit Review, plus the resource that were included in your lit review. The Lit Review page has the text of your lit review (approved in month 10 and reformatted web-ready in month 11) which will include the resources that were used in the document. So the first Lit Review Resources is a collection of all of the resources that you intended to use. The Lit Review page has the approved Lit Review plus the resources used in the document. Hope that this helps.

    ReplyDelete