Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4 AR Leadership Project




There are two technology conferences where I would love to present my AR project. My first choice is the NESA Spring Educators Conference. Our NESA representative is currently organizing a "call for papers" that specifically "encourages the submission of . . . innovative talk formats which focus on the integration of technology in the classroom." Among the keynotes at the Spring Educators conference is Technology Infused Project Learning by Neil McCurdy. My AR presentation, I believe would be a perfect fit for teachers wanting to see what a child-driven project could look like. Moreover, I feel that this would be a perfect opportunity to get my feet wet as a teacher workshop facilitator in the International arena. Feel free to view my keynote at https://public.me.com/ctinaschraeder
My second choice is one of the Office of Overseas Schools Summer Institutes for 2012. As they are only advertising the 2011 workshops, it will be hard to tell if they opportunity will be available to me. I'm particularly interested in presenting at the
Overview Jefferson Overseas Technology Insitute (JOSTI). Again, this institute may change in 2012, but I have put in a letter to the director of A/OS so time will tell. For more on the Office of Overseas Schools

Although I would be interested in presenting at other venues, I'm bound to the rules of regulations of the company school for which I work. You can read about that in my recent blog:
Week 4 Think Out Loud

You may also be interested in my first think aloud



No comments:

Post a Comment