Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 4 Comment #1 Edwin Moy


This comment is a response to Edwin Moy's Think Out Loud Post below:
Week 4 and thinking about a paper or creating a presentation for publishing. With my back ground writing is not the path I would chose if ever given an option, so presentation is the path that I will be heading down as week 4 and month 12 approach.

In reviewing choices to submit I searched for conferences that were excepting submissions during the time frame of the EMDT program. I started thinking about not looking at conferences geared towards solely teachers, but in thinking about the book The Art of Possibility I didn't want to limit and start a downward spiral of thinking so I looked at most sites. EduComm is excepting submissions and will be located in Las Vegas next year. The location was a factor but they are have a leadership category for presentations and I think my project would be geared towards that audience.
Edwin,
I read through your Week 3 post as the image of the head exploding intrigued me. I think you have a very positive attitude and despite the incongruous imagery, it looks like your "one step at a time" approach will work. I love that you've decided to look beyond the Educator conferences expanding your horizons. I too am using location as a major factor in deciding the conference at which I'd like to submit. EduComm sounds like a brilliant mix of your criteria. It would be great if you inserted a link to the conference in the body of your blog, or when you link to the think aloud in your Leadership Project page. I'm attending a conference in Las Vegas next summer. If it happens to coincide with EduComm, I'll come and check out your presentation!

Sources: Head Exploding by Frankenstoen available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankenstoen/402660999/

No comments:

Post a Comment