Desert Living

Desert Living
It's Hot in Saudi

Saturday, January 8, 2011

BP_1_It's My Birthday

Today is my birthday and appropriately the birth of a new blog.  One I hope will appeal to other "digital immigrants" who, like me, begin to channel their  inner Wiley Coyote  when put in front of a keyboard and monitor. "You want me to do whaaaat?" "Where's that?" "By Golly, I've got it!" (tic, tock, tic, tock) "What's that sound...?" Kaboom!

Today I've decided that I'm not middle aged but instead will borrow the M and A and refer to myself henceforth as Mentally Agile.  As I embark on this journey into my mentally agile years, I have decided to spelunk the neural pathways where no tech-knowledge has dared to remain and learn something new.  Old dogs beware!  I plan to blow your excuse. Not only will I learn new tricks, but this woman, who was graduating high school when "digital natives" were just a twinkle in someone's eye, plans to teach a few as well.  I'm hopeful that my presumeably hilarious trips down cyber lane will give you a laugh or at least a "I'm not alone in this frustration" epiphany.   I can't wait to see where this year and cyber highway take me.  If you can "feel me" (I'm already getting hipper) then please join in the conversation because I'll look funny cursing at my monitor alone. Besides, laughing too hard at myself can have embarrassing consequence.

I include a photo my sister and me and a short comment she sent to me on this auspicious day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Christina! I'll be following you here :) Wish you the best...
    Nicole Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye Yea! Oye Yea! Oye Yea! Oy!
    I hereby declareth on this day that a fair maiden was born unto one green-eyed builder of nothing and his lovely bride, the brown-eyed nosy von nail biter. She was too lovely, you see, to have been born to these odd sots. She was unequaled in her beauty and charm, beguiling in her wanton ways and overwhelming, especially unto herself. The stars were aligned in an unusual manner that day, Saturn was closer to the Sun, Mercury was cold, and Uranaus ... well you know where that was. Anyway, this strange planetary arrangement caused great upheaval in the ways of this maiden. She transcends time with her unaged facade. She is adventurous and unafraid of the wilds and unexplored territories. She laughs in the face of authority and organization! With ample bosom, trusty sidekick Namona and stalwart finger puppets in hand - she forges on! She who will not be flattened or thwarted by unworthy men nor prick infested sand country! NO! NO, I say! She will be glorified! She will be triumphant! She will eat cake and drink champagne! Happy Birthday they will sing unto her! Oh Splendid Anniversary! Oh Magnificent Day!


    She is loved and adored and missed dearly by her sister. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Christina and welcome back to FSO. I took a leave of absence in October and have recently started back in the EMDT program. The day the program started (June 28, 2010) was also my 52nd birthday - I can definitely related to your status as a digital immigrant and look forward to checking in on your blog. Thanks for sharing your wonderful sense of humor and adventure. Good luck in your new challenges.

    Jude

    ReplyDelete